Grand Theft Auto (GTA): San Andreas for iOS provides players with the same expansive open world and gameplay that made the original game so popular and groundbreaking. However, playing on a touchscreen mobile device poses some unique challenges, especially when trying to enter the classic GTA cheat codes to make playing easier or just goof around in the game world.
Using cheats requires a bit more setup and care on iOS compared to the console versions. But with some preparation, you can enter all the classic cheat codes you know and love from the PS2, unlock special iOS-exclusive cheats, enable invincibility and infinite ammo, spawn vehicles and weapons, and generally cause mayhem in Los Santos without worry.
Recent Released:How To Use Facetime Hand Gestures on iPad
Preparing to Use Cheats on iOS
Before you can enter cheat codes, you need to do a few things first:
- Create a Rockstar Social Club account – Having an account enables some extended Social Club features in-game, but more importantly associates your save files for syncing across devices via the cloud. This protects your save if you plan to use potentially game-breaking cheats.
- Connect an external keyboard – The iOS on-screen keyboard lacks many necessary keys to enter cheats quickly. Connect any compatible Bluetooth or USB keyboard to your iPhone or iPad to enable easier cheat code entry.
- Install helper apps (optional) – Some third party apps available on the App Store can make applying cheats simpler by providing an overlay interface rather than needing to memorize and enter codes. Examples include Toolbox for GTA San Andreas and GTATool.
- Start a new save – Using cheats disables in-game achievements, so you’ll want to begin a separate save file before cheating to not disrupt unlocking achievements in your main game.
Once setup, you can start activating some wild and overpowered cheats!
Classic GTA Cheat Codes
Nearly all of the iconic cheats from the original PS2 and PC releases that altered gameplay like providing weapons, vehicles, or changed characters work perfectly fine on iOS. This includes classics like:
- Infinite Health: Down, A, Right, Left, Right, R1, Right, Down, Up, Triangle
- Infinite Ammo: L1, R1, Square, R1, Left, R2, R1, Left, Square, Down, L1, L1
- Spawn Jetpack: Left, Right, L1, L2, R1, R2, Up, Down, Left, Right
Be sure to take precautions with potentially game-breaking cheats by saving first or limiting their use.
|Restores health bar when lost
|Down, A, Right, Left, Right, R1, Right, Down, Up, Triangle
|Weapons have unlimited ammunition
|L1, R1, Square, R1, Left, R2, R1, Left, Square, Down, L1, L1
|Gives Carl a jetpack to fly around the map
|Left, Right, L1, L2, R1, R2, Up, Down, Left, Right
And many more! Over 50 classic cheat codes from PS2 work on iOS.
In addition to all the classic codes, Rockstar added some new cheats specifically for the iOS version:
- Super Punch: Down, Left, A, Left, Up, A, Up, Up, L1
- Super Kick: Down, Left, A, Left, Up, A, Up, Up, L2
- Explosive Melee Attacks: Right, Left, A, R1, Down, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, L1
- Infinite Special: Up, Up, Down, Triangle, Triangle, L1, Square
These special power-enhancing cheat abilities provide some over-the-top and outrageous attacks and combos for beating up anyone and anything around Los Santos.
Cheat Precautions and Drawbacks
As fun as applying GTA San Andreas cheats can be, indiscriminate use can disrupt core gameplay:
- Achievements get disabled – Using any cheat code disables the ability to earn any achievements in that save file, so have an unused save handy just for cheating around.
- Game instability from excessive cheating – Spawning too many modified vehicles or enabling permanently health can tax even modern iOS hardware and cause crashes eventually. Use cheats in moderation.
- No cheat “off switch” – Unlike PC and console versions, entered iOS cheats stay perpetually turned on in that save. You must reload a save from before a problematic cheat to undo it than turn it off.
As long as you remain aware of these drawbacks, feel free to enjoy everything those vintage GTA cheat codes can do even when playing San Andreas on iOS!
Tips for Entering Codes Smoothly
Due to touchscreen controls and no dedicated console button icons to show, entering cheat key combinations relies more on memorization. Here are tips to input codes more reliably:
- Use an external keyboard – Trying to tap a long string of virtual buttons on-screen makes mistakes likely. A physical keyboard works best.
- Touch the button icons – The on-screen buttons react to touches instead of presses, so tap firmly with the visual feedback.
- Practice one section at a time – Build muscle memory by consistently repeating smaller 3-5 button sequences of codes until familiar before chaining the full code.
- Listen for audio cues – Each successful button press plays a unique confirmation sound, helping give feedback without needing to look.
With the proper preparation and care taken, players can enjoy virtually every classic cheat from the seminal Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas even when playing on the go using iOS mobile devices. Bring mayhem and fun to Los Santos with Invincibility, Infinite Ammo, Spawned Jets, and so much more with these codes readily available at your fingertips. Just set up your save, connect a keyboard, and let the cheating commence!
Despite being a mobile port, GTA: San Andreas for iOS retains nearly the full capabilities for applying cheat codes just like the console and PC releases. Players can tap into a robust list of over 50 different cheats enabling a superpowered or chaotic Los Santos sandbox to enjoy. By creating a dedicated cheat save, hooking up an external keyboard, and taking care with potentially disruptive codes, you can avoid crashes or losing progress. With some thoughtful preparation, the iOS version thus provides an excellent way to enjoy all the fun, weird, and explosive possibilities those iconic Grand Theft Auto cheat codes offer anytime and anywhere your mobile gaming takes you.