Apple Weather app users worldwide are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the app. Many users are reporting that the app is not loading data, and some are unable to view live weather forecasts for their selected regions. This issue seems to affect multiple Apple platforms, including iOS, watchOS, and macOS. While the precipitation, temperature, and air quality maps are still functional, they are quite slow to load.
According to the Apple System Status webpage, the company is working to resolve the issue with its Weather service. However, the issue summary only mentions that next-hour precipitation is unavailable in Alaska due to a data provider outage. In reality, numerous regions and forecast types are down. The app status page warns that “some users are affected” by the issue, and all other Apple apps and services currently show a green status.
Why Is Apple Weather Not Working?
The reason behind the recurring issues with the Apple Weather app remains unclear. As a result, users are turning to third-party apps, such as CARROT Weather, which offers weather forecasting with a touch of humor and has recently integrated ChatGPT. The Apple Weather app’s unreliability over the past week has increased users’ frustration with the stock app, particularly since the Cupertino-based company recently shut down Dark Sky after incorporating only a few of its features into the Apple Weather app.
When did the issue with Apple Weather start?
Based on search results, the issue with the Apple Weather app began on Monday, April 3, 2023, around 11 p.m. ET. At that time, the app stopped functioning, and users could not view any data within the app. The problem was resolved by Apple’s support team after more than 14 hours, as stated on their support website. However, since then, the app has continued to experience intermittent issues, with numerous users reporting that it is not working or is slow to load.
What is the current status of the issue?
As of April 6, 2023, numerous users worldwide are still experiencing issues with the Apple Weather app. Apple has acknowledged the problem and is actively working to resolve it. However, the issue summary only acknowledges some users’ unavailability of next-hour precipitation. Although the precipitation, temperature, and air quality maps are functional, they load slowly. The problem seems to be a server-side issue with the Apple system status dashboard page displaying a current problem with the Weather app. Despite the app’s ongoing issues, Apple has no official announcement regarding this latest outage.
Are there any alternative weather apps for iPhone users?
Yes, there are several alternative weather apps available for iPhone users. Popular weather apps include The Weather Channel, AccuWeather, Carrot Weather, and WeatherBug. Additionally, Mashable recommends three alternative weather apps for iPhones. Apple’s Weather app has also incorporated numerous Dark Sky features and could serve as a good alternative for former Dark Sky users. The App Store lists top-rated iPhone weather apps, such as Weather – The Weather Channel, Clime: NOAA Weather Radar Live, and AccuWeather.
How do I fix my Apple weather?
To fix issues with the Apple Weather app, you can try the following steps:
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings and tap on General.
- Tap on Background App Refresh and ensure that it is turned on.
- Find the Weather app and toggle the bar to enable it.
- Restart your iPhone.
These steps may help resolve any problems you are experiencing with the Apple Weather app on your iPhone.
Why doesn’t weather load iOS?
If the Apple Weather app is not loading on your iOS device, you can try resetting your device’s settings. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on “General”.
- Scroll down and tap on “Reset”.
- Select “Reset All Settings” and enter your passcode if prompted.
- Confirm that you want to reset all settings.
- Wait for your device to restart.
- Once your device has restarted, check if the Weather app is now working normally.
- Resetting your device’s settings can sometimes help to fix issues with the Apple Weather app not loading on your iOS device.
Why is my weather not working on iPhone lock screen widgets?
If the weather widget is not working on your iPhone lock screen, it may be because the widget app does not have permission to access your location. Here’s how you can give the widget app access to your location:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Privacy & Security”.
- Tap on “Location Services”.
- Find the widget app in question and make sure that it is set to “While Using” or “Always”.
- If it is set to “Never”, toggle the switch to “While Using” or “Always”.
By allowing the widget app to access your location, it should now be able to display accurate weather information on your lock screen.
iPhone weather app not showing current location
If you are experiencing issues with the iPhone weather app not showing your current location, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check if Location Services is enabled for the Weather app. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather and make sure it is set to “While Using the App” or “Always”.
- Try turning on Precise Location to increase the accuracy of the forecast in your current location. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather and toggle on “Precise Location”.
- Edit the list of locations in the Weather app by tapping on the “hamburger” menu, then the three dots, and selecting Edit List. Make sure that your current location is added to the list of locations.
- If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue and get the iPhone weather app to display your current location accurately.
How to enable location services for the weather app
To enable location services for the Weather app on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Privacy.”
- Tap on “Location Services.”
- Scroll down and find “Weather” in the list of apps.
- Make sure the toggle next to “Weather” is turned on.
- Choose an option for location access, such as “Always” or “While Using the App.”
- You can also turn on “Precise Location” to increase the accuracy of the forecast for your current location.
Once you’ve enabled location services for the Weather app, it should be able to show your current location and provide accurate weather information.
Apple Weather app users worldwide are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the app. Although Apple has acknowledged the problem and is actively working to resolve it, the issue summary only acknowledges the unavailability of next-hour precipitation for some users. As of April 6, 2023, the app is still experiencing intermittent issues, with numerous users reporting that it is not working or is slow to load. Alternative weather apps like The Weather Channel, AccuWeather, Carrot Weather, and WeatherBug are available for iPhone users. If you are experiencing issues with the Apple Weather app, you can try resetting your device’s settings, enabling the location services, and toggling the Precise Location switch.