In iOS 16, you don’t have to press and hold to record a voice message in iMessage!
iOS 16 has many amazing features to offer and many iPhone users are enjoying these features. However, if you have tried sending voice messages in iMessage, you might have noticed Apple has changed the way we send voice notes in iOS 16.
This new change is convenient as now we don’t have to press and hold the Voice Message icon to record a voice message. This wasn’t a good option to send a long voice note.
Well, the newly redesigned Voice Message button may not be the best experience for many, but it has solved the headache of having to keep holding the voice message button to record a voice message.
However, many iOS 16 users are finding it hard to use this new redesigned change. If you are one of them, then here’s a guide on how to send voice messages on iOS 16.
The Audio Record Button in iMessage Has Got a New Place
Apple had the voice message button on the right side of the message typing box. In iOS 16, that place has been replaced with a new “Microphone” icon. This “Microphone” icon triggers the “Voice Typing” function.
So, if you don’t feel like typing anymore, you can just speak and it will be typed automatically in the message box, ready to send. This new dictation feature is one of the major changes in iOS 16.
Hence, the Voice Message icon has been placed in the iMessage app drawer, where we usually select Photos, Memoji, Stickers, Digital Touch, and Music options. If you pay attention, a new “Audio” option is shown, which is actually a voice recording button in the iMessage.
If you don’t see the Voice Button in the said location, you can just swipe the app drawer options and you can move it wherever you like.
How to Send Audio Messages on iOS 16
Now that you know where the Voice Message button is in iMessage, it might be a no-brainer to record and send an audio message. Nevertheless, for novices, here’s how to do it.
1. Open the iMessage chat of a person you would like to send a voice message to.
2. Now tap on the “Audio” icon in the iMessage app drawer. This will enable a new option to record a voice note.
3. You can just tap once on the red microphone button and then record the audio message. There is no need to keep holding the button. This is best for recording a long voice message.
Note: If you press and hold the microphone button to record a message, it will be sent as soon as you release the button. If you are not satisfied with the recorded message while doing so, you can just swipe your finger from the microphone button to anywhere on the screen and the recorded audio message will be discarded.
4. Now, tap again on the red stop icon once you have recorded the message, and you can preview the whole audio before sending it to a person.
5. Hit the blue send button located on the right side of the message compose box.
That’s it! It is this easy to send an audio message in iMessage on iOS 16. If you don’t like a voice message or a text message that you have sent, you can use the “Undo Send” option to unsend it.
How to Unsend Voice Message in iOS 16
The process to unsend a voice message in iMessage is the same as doing “Undo Send” to other messages.
1. Press and hold the voice message you have sent.
2. A new popup and a menu will appear. Here, you have to select the “Undo Send” option.
3. Now the voice message will disappear from the chat.
Apple has moved the audio recording message in the iMessage but made it more convenient to use. This may seem new or unusual at first glance, but we will get used to it.
Now that you know how to record and send voice messages in iOS 16, you can share this article with your friends and family.