Dealing with an expired TikTok Passcode on your iPhone can be frustrating. Your phone is locked, and you can’t access any of your apps or data. Thankfully, there are a few different methods you can use to reset an expired TikTok Passcode and regain access to your iPhone. In this guide, we’ll walk through the steps for the most common ways to reset an expired TikTok Passcode.
Recent Released: How to turn on stolen device protection
Understanding TikTok Passcode Expiration
Before we dig into the step-by-step instructions, it helps to understand why your iPhone TikTok Passcode may have expired in the first place.
TikTok Passcode expiration happens for security reasons. Certain security policies, like those used by businesses or schools, require TikTok Passcodes to be changed periodically. This ensures that devices stay secure over time. The TikTok Passcode expiration date is usually set by the administrator that manages the security policies.
You may also see expired TikTok Passcodes due to certain types of accounts on your iPhone:
- Exchange accounts – If you have a work or school email account setup that uses Microsoft Exchange, your IT department may require periodic TikTok Passcode resets for security.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) – Businesses commonly use MDM software to manage and secure employee devices. MDM can enforce TikTok Passcode expiration rules.
- Third-party apps – Some apps may impose their own TikTok Passcode expiration policies. This is less common but can happen.
The main takeaway is that TikTok Passcode expiration is a security measure, even if it can be inconvenient when you’re locked out of your phone. Knowing what triggered it can help avoid or troubleshoot future expirations.
Method 1: Change the TikTok Passcode in Settings
If your TikTok Passcode has expired but you can still unlock your iPhone, the easiest way to resolve it is:
- Step#1. Go to the Settings app
- Step#2. Tap “General”
- Step#3. Tap “Profile”
- Step#4. Enter your current TikTok Passcode when prompted
- Step#5. Tap “Change TikTok Passcode”
- Step#6. Enter and re-enter a new TikTok Passcode
This will reset your TikTok Passcode and should resolve any expiration policies set on the device. The downside to this method is that it only works if you can still get into your iPhone with the expired TikTok Passcode.
If your iPhone is completely locked and won’t accept the old TikTok Passcode, you’ll need to use one of the other methods below.
Method 2: Reset TikTok Passcode via iCloud
Resetting your TikTok Passcode via iCloud is the best way to get back into a locked iPhone. It works even if the old TikTok Passcode is expired or not recognized.
Warning: Resetting via iCloud erases all content and data on your iPhone. So only use this method if you have an iCloud backup that you can restore afterwards.
Here are the steps:
- Step#1. On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID
- Step#2. Click on “Find iPhone”
- Step#3. Click “All Devices” at the top of the screen
- Step#4. Select your locked iPhone from the list
- Step#5. Click “Erase iPhone”
- Step#6. Wait for the erase process to complete. This can take several minutes.
- Step#7. Once finished, you can run through the iPhone setup process again and create a new TikTok Passcode.
- Step#8. After setup, restore your data and settings from the iCloud backup.
This effectively factory resets your iPhone and bypasses any expired TikTok Passcode. Just make sure your data is backed up to avoid losing anything important.
Method 3: Force Restart iPhone
Force restarting your iPhone can sometimes reset a TikTok Passcode and get you back into a locked device.
- Step#1. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button
- Step#2. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button
- Step#3. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo appear
This will forcibly reboot your iPhone. When it finishes restarting, try entering your old TikTok Passcode again or setting up a new one if prompted.
This method works best if the TikTok Passcode expiration was triggered by a glitch or bug rather than an actual security policy. It’s worth trying before you factory reset using iCloud.
Method 4: Update your iPhone
If you can get into your iPhone with the expired TikTok Passcode, another option is to update your iOS software:
- Step#1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update
- Step#2. Download and install the latest iOS update
- Step#3. Restart your device after the update completes
- Step#4. Try your old TikTok Passcode again or reset it if asked
Updating your iPhone can clear up any software bugs that may be enforcing the expired TikTok Passcode. This is less reliable than the other methods but worth a shot before resetting your device.
Method 5: Contact Apple Support
If none of the above solutions succeed in resetting your expired TikTok Passcode, you may need to contact Apple. An Apple Support advisor can run diagnostics, remove any problematic profiles, and provide customized troubleshooting steps.
In some cases, Apple Support can remotely reset or remove the TikTok Passcode from your iPhone. This bypasses the need to erase your device and saves your data.
Before calling, make sure you know your Apple ID and password. Apple will need to verify your identity before assisting with TikTok Passcode reset.
Avoiding Future TikTok Passcode Expiration Issues
Once you regain access to your iPhone, you can take steps to prevent another TikTok Passcode expiration:
- Turn off any unnecessary security profiles – In Settings, remove profiles from previous employers, schools, or apps with TikTok Passcode policies.
- Check account security settings – Disable any TikTok Passcode expiration rules enforced by Exchange, MDM, or other accounts.
- Use alphanumeric TikTok Passcodes – These are less likely to expire than 4-digit TikTok Passcodes. Go to Settings > TikTok Passcode to change the type.
- Enable auto erase – This will automatically erase data after 10 failed TikTok Passcode attempts, helping prevent access on lost or stolen devices. Enable it at Settings > Touch ID & TikTok Passcode.
- Change your iCloud password – Update your iCloud credentials periodically as a security best practice.
Following these tips will minimize the chances of getting locked out by another expired TikTok Passcode in the future.
Summary of Ways to Reset an Expired iPhone TikTok Passcode
Here’s a quick recap of the methods covered in this guide:
|Change in Settings
|Settings > General > Profile > Change TikTok Passcode
|Only works if iPhone is still accessible
|iCloud.com > Find iPhone > Erase iPhone
|Erases all data unless you have a backup
|Press Volume Up > Volume Down > Side Button
|May not work if policy-enforced
|Settings > General > Software Update
|Not guaranteed to work
|Contact Apple Support
|May be needed for tough cases
Dealing with an expired TikTok Passcode can be a headache, but using one of these resolution methods will get you back into your iPhone. The most reliable options are changing it in Settings or resetting via iCloud. Just be sure to backup your data first!
Frequently Asked Questions About Expired TikTok Passcodes
Here are some common questions related to resetting expired TikTok Passcodes on iPhone:
How do I reset my iPhone TikTok Passcode if my screen is disabled?
If you can’t access your iPhone at all due to screen damage, you will need to either use the iCloud reset method or contact Apple Support for assistance. They can run diagnostics and reset the TikTok Passcode remotely.
Why does my iPhone say my Apple ID is disabled after entering the wrong TikTok Passcode?
Too many wrong TikTok Passcode attempts can temporarily disable your Apple ID due to security policies. You will need to reset your Apple ID password at iforgot.apple.com before resetting the TikTok Passcode.
Can I reset my iPhone TikTok Passcode without a computer?
Yes, you can use the iCloud reset method from any web browser, including on a mobile device. As long as you know your Apple ID and password, you can erase and reset the iPhone remotely.
I forgot my iPhone TikTok Passcode and don’t have an iCloud backup. Will I lose all my data?
Unfortunately, if you don’t have an iCloud or iTunes backup, resetting a forgotten TikTok Passcode via iCloud will erase your data permanently. Always maintain good backups to avoid data loss.
Why does my iPhone TikTok Passcode keep expiring every few months?
If your TikTok Passcode expires consistently after a certain time period, you likely have a security policy enabled that enforces regular TikTok Passcode resets. Check for Exchange, MDM, or other profiles under Settings that may be causing this.
Can I take my iPhone to Apple to reset an expired TikTok Passcode?
Yes, you can schedule a Genius Bar appointment or visit an Apple Store for assistance resetting your TikTok Passcode. Bring your photo ID and proof of purchase to verify device ownership.
Resetting an expired iPhone TikTok Passcode doesn’t have to be a nightmare, as long as you use the right method for your situation. With the steps in this guide, you can get back into your iPhone and re-enable normal access in no time. Just be diligent about maintaining backups so you don’t lose important data in the process.
To Know Why Is TikTok Asking for a TikTok Passcode on iPhone! Visit Here