Download TrollStore has become an increasingly popular way for iOS users to install apps outside of the official App Store. With the release of the iPhone 15, many are wondering if TrollStore can be downloaded on the latest iPhone model. In this article, we’ll examine what TrollStore is, the risks associated with it, and whether it can be installed on an iPhone 15.
What is TrollStore?
TrollStore is an alternative app store that can be installed on non-jailbroken iPhones running iOS 14.0 through 15.1.1. It allows users to sideload apps, tweaks, and games onto their devices without needing to jailbreak.
Some key things to know about TrollStore:
- It uses two iOS vulnerabilities (CVE-2022-26766 and CVE-2021-30937) to enable sideloading capabilities. These have been patched in iOS 15.2 and above.
- Apps installed through TrollStore do not expire after 7 days like other sideloading methods. They persist indefinitely like normal App Store apps.
- It provides a simple interface for finding and installing unofficial IPAs from developers.
- TrollStore does not actually host or distribute IPAs itself. It is solely an alternative installation method.
Essentially, TrollStore gives users more control and customization over their devices. However, it also comes with risks.
The Risks of TrollStore
While convenient, using TrollStore does pose potential downsides:
- Security vulnerabilities – Because TrollStore exploits flaws in iOS to work, it inherently opens up security holes. Theoretically, these could be leveraged by malware or hackers. Keeping your device updated is important to patch vulnerabilities.
- Malicious apps – TrollStore enables the installation of apps from any developer or source, not just the vetted App Store. This increases risk of malware, spyware, and data theft. Only install apps from trusted sources.
- Detection and stability issues – Many apps try to detect and block jailbroken/modified devices that could compromise security. This may cause crashes, account lockouts, loss of functionality, or bans.
- Violates ToS – Apple expressly prohibits tampering with or modifying iOS, which TrollStore enables. Using it technically breaches your end user agreement.
- While convenient, ultimately you sacrifice some security and stability by using TrollStore instead of the main App Store. Proceed with caution.
Can I Install TrollStore on an iPhone 15?
At this current time, TrollStore cannot be installed on an iPhone 15.
The iPhone 15 line ships with iOS 16 out of the box. As mentioned previously, the vulnerabilities leveraged by TrollStore were patched in iOS 15.2. Without a workaround for iOS 16 yet created, TrollStore will not function properly on the latest devices.
Additionally, the iPhone 15 contains new hardware-based security protections implemented by Apple that further complicate matters. Things like lockdown mode and rapid security responses make modified iOS much harder to achieve.
- TrollStore requires iOS 14.0 – 15.1.1 to work
- iPhone 15 models ship with newer iOS 16 software
- Apple has beefed up platform security protections
This makes getting Download TrollStore running extremely improbable for the time being. Experienced developers are working on potential solutions, but have not yet cracked iOS 16 as of this writing.
The Waiting Game
Unfortunately, those interested in using TrollStore on an iPhone 15 are playing a waiting game for the time being. The cascading combination of new hardware and software security makes it unlikely we will see iOS 16 jailbreaks and TrollStore support any time soon.
However, the hacking community is persistent and ingenious, so solutions could arise eventually. But realistically, it may be many months before we see functional options. My recommendation would be not to buy an iPhone 15 solely for the purpose of installing TrollStore, at least for now. The compatibility is simply not there today.
Alternatives to TrollStore
If you have an iPhone 15 and still want to install apps outside the App Store, here are a few alternative options:
AltStore is an alternative store for sideloading IPAs that uses Apple’s enterprise developer certificates instead of iOS vulnerabilities. This makes it slower to set up but much more reliable long-term.
The key advantage of AltStore is apps remain functional across iOS updates. The limitation is it requires a Windows or Mac computer to install apps using file transfer.
2. AppDB / iOSGods
Services like AppDB and iOSGods host a database of downloadable IPAs, some of which are paid/cracked versions of apps. These can be installed using their proprietary sideloading apps.
The main risk here is the legal gray area of installing paid apps for free. There is also no guarantee downloaded IPAs are malware-free.
Jailbreaking fully unlocks root filesystem access on iPhones, allowing you to deeply modify the iOS operating system. This grants maximum customizability and control for power users.
However, jailbreaking comes with increased instability and security issues. You also lose access to future iOS updates without re-jailbreaking. For most mainstream users, it is not recommended.
While Download TrollStore brings intriguing capabilities to iOS, its current reliance on patched vulnerabilities limits broader device support. The iPhone 15 line is the start of a new generation of hardware-backed security that restricts modifying system software. For these reasons, downloading TrollStore on an iPhone 15 is not possible today, but clever developers may eventually crack solutions that open up compatibility again. Just don’t expect it immediately.
While Download TrollStore provided an enticing option for iOS app freedom in the past, changes by both Apple and the TrollStore team have rendered it obsolete on the latest iPhone 15 devices for now.
Installing apps outside the App Store always involves certain risks and trade-offs. For iPhone 15 users seeking more customization, the best alternatives are using signing services like AltStore or exploring jailbreaking once the process is confirmed stable on iOS 16.