Use iOS 17 Calender provides a convenient way to manage your schedule and stay organized. With powerful features like multiple calendar support, Siri integration, and calendar sharing, the use iOS 17 Calender makes it simple to keep track of your events, appointments, and more. This iOS 17 Calender guide will walk you through how to get the most out of the iOS 17 Calender.
Recent Released:How the Beeper App Consolidates Your Messaging Apps on iOS
The Calendar app comes pre-installed on all iOS devices, and it provides an easy interface for viewing and managing events and appointments. With iOS 17, Apple has added several enhancements to Calendar, including new options for creating events faster with Siri, viewing events from Mail and Safari, and customizing calendar colors.
Some of the key features of the iOS Calendar app include:
- Create events and invite guests
- View multiple calendars, like work, family, and holidays
- Set up reminders and alerts for events
- Share calendars with other iOS users
- Integrate with Siri, Mail, Messages and Safari
- Customize calendar colors and settings
- Supports calendar subscriptions and read-only calendars
In this guide, we’ll cover how to use all of these features and more to get the most productivity and utility out of the iOS Calendar app.
The most basic function of the iOS Calendar app is creating events and tracking appointments or meetings. There are a few ways to add new events:
In Day View
The easiest way to create an event is in Day view. Simply tap on the plus (+) icon at the top of the screen to open the new event form. Here you can enter the event title, location, date/time, invite guests, set alerts, and add notes or attachments.
You can also use Siri to quickly create events by voice. Just say something like “Add meeting with Jane next Monday at 3pm” and Siri will add it right to your calendar.
To enable Siri event creation, make sure you have Siri enabled in Settings > Siri & Search.
From Other Apps
The iOS 17 Calendar can now suggest events found in apps like Mail, Messages and Safari to add to your calendar. To enable this, go to Settings > Calendar > Siri & Search and turn on “Show in App”.
You can also add events to Calendar by importing an ICS file exported from another app. Just tap the import button in Calendar and select the ICS file.
No matter how you add events, the Calendar app makes it quick and easy to populate your schedule.
Viewing Multiple Calendars
The Calendar app supports viewing multiple calendars simultaneously. This allows you to manage separate calendars like work, family, holidays, sports team schedules, etc.
To add a new calendar:
- Tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen
- Tap Add Calendar
- Choose the type of calendar to add, like iCloud, Google, Exchange, etc.
You can now toggle these calendars on/off from the calendar list to view them individually or together.
Additionally, you can include national holidays or birthdays/events from your Contacts right in your Calendar by turning on those options in Settings > Calendar.
Changing Calendar Colors
With multiple calendars, it can get difficult to differentiate the various events and schedules. Luckily, you can customize the color for each calendar:
- Tap Calendars at the bottom
- Tap the calendar to customize
- Tap the color next to the calendar name
- Choose a new color from the picker
Use colors strategically to color code your different calendars. For example, blue for work events, red for family birthdays, and so on.
Setting a Default Calendar
When you create a new event on iOS, it gets added to the default calendar. To assign a default calendar:
- Go to Settings > Calendar
- Tap Default Calendar
- Choose the calendar you want to make the default
Setting a default calendar is useful to make sure new events go into your main calendar. You can always change the calendar for individual events later if needed.
For families, teams or other groups, you can share calendars on iOS so everyone can view and edit events. To share a calendar:
- Tap Calendars and select the calendar to share
- Tap Add Person and enter the name or email to share with
- Choose the access level to grant them (Make Changes or View Only)
Shared calendars are great for coordinating schedules with a partner, staying in sync with your family, or collaborating with a team.
Calendar Alerts and Reminders
To help you stay on top of your events, the iOS Calendar app offers several options for adding reminders and alerts:
- Default Alerts – Set default reminder times in Settings > Calendar > Default Alert Times.
- Event Alerts – When creating an event, tap Add Alert to have a notification sent before the event.
- Travel Time – Enable travel time in Settings to factor in transit time for event alerts.
Use these alerts judiciously to help you remember important events and appointments without getting overwhelmed with notifications.
Integrating with Siri
iOS 17 takes Calendar integration with Siri to the next level. Here are some useful ways to use Siri with Calendar:
- Add Events – Say things like “Set up meeting with Sarah Monday at 2pm”.
- Search Events – Ask “What’s on my calendar today?” or “When is my next appointment?”
- Edit Events – Make changes like “Move my 3pm meeting to 4pm”.
- Enable Suggested Events – As mentioned earlier, turn on Show in App in Settings > Siri & Search to have Siri suggest adding events from Mail, Safari, etc.
Siri makes it easy to interact with your calendar handsfree.
Additional Calendar Tips
Here are some additional tips for mastering the calendar on your iPhone:
- Use week view to see your full week at a glance
- Turn on time zone support to show calendars in local times when traveling
- Adjust work hours in calendar settings so work events show in work time only
- Use calendar subscriptions to subscribe to interesting calendars like sports team schedules or TV show release dates
- Share read-only calendars to share things like company holiday schedules
- Use the Today view to quickly see today’s schedule
- Enable notifications in Settings to be alerted about events and invitations
- Set up multiple calendars for each area of your life like family, work, hobbies etc.
The iOS 17 Calendar app provides a robust set of tools for organizing your schedule. With options for creating varied event types, viewing multiple calendars, customizing alerts and colors, integrating with Siri, and sharing calendars with others, it’s easy to keep track of your appointments and stay on top of your day. Use this guide to learn how to tap into the many features of iOS Calendar and ensure you never miss an important meeting or event again.
Summary of Key Features:
- Create events quickly with natural language via Siri
- Import events from Mail, Messages, Safari
- Support for multiple calendar types (iCloud, Exchange, CalDAV)
- Share and collaborate on calendars with family/teams
- Set alerts and reminders for events
- Customize calendar colors for easier visual differentiation
- Integrate with Siri to add, edit, and search events by voice
- View week and month views alongside day view
- Subscribe to read-only calendars like holidays or sports team schedules
- Set default calendar for new events and travel time for alerts
With these tips and tricks, you can fully optimize the iOS 17 Calendar to organize your personal and professional events and schedules. The intuitive interface and powerful features make it easy to use Calendar seamlessly alongside your other everyday apps.