Pixelborn is a fan-made digital version of the Disney Lorcana Trading Card Game that allows you to play the game on your iOS devices. If you want to try out Pixelborn and don’t mind testing an unfinished beta version, it’s easy to get started playing on your iPhone or iPad. Here is a step-by-step guide to downloading and using Pixelborn for iOS.
Pixelborn aims to recreate the Lorcana trading card game in a digital format. It features a collection manager, deck builder, and matches against AI opponents. The game is being developed by fans and is not officially affiliated with Disney or Ravensburger, the companies behind Lorcana. However, it has much of the look and feel of the physical card game.
The iOS version of Pixelborn is currently in beta testing. It is not available on the App Store, but you can access it using Apple’s TestFlight program for testing apps prior to release. Here is what you need to know to get Pixelborn installed and start playing on your iOS device:
What is Lorcana?
For those unfamiliar, Lorcana is a new trading card game from Ravensburger and Disney based on various Disney properties. The physical card game features characters from popular Disney movies, TV shows, and more. Players build decks with hero cards and use them to battle opponents.
Lorcana is set to have its wide release in mid-2023. Pixelborn allows fans to try out the game early in digital form.
What You’ll Need
To use Pixelborn for iOS, you’ll need:
- An iPhone or iPad running iOS 13 or later
- Access to TestFlight to install the Pixelborn beta
- An Apple ID associated with TestFlight
Don’t worry if you don’t already have TestFlight set up, this guide will cover how to get it ready for installing Pixelborn.
Step 1: Join the Pixelborn TestFlight Beta
Because Pixelborn for iOS is currently in beta, it is not available on the App Store. To access it, you’ll need to join the Pixelborn TestFlight group. Here’s how:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Safari web browser and go to https://pixelborn.com. This is the official Pixelborn website.
- Tap the Beta Testing tab at the top of the page.
- Under iOS Beta, tap the Join with TestFlight button. This will take you to the Pixelborn TestFlight page in the App Store.
- Tap Accept to join the Pixelborn beta group.
Joining the TestFlight group will allow you to install build betas of Pixelborn for testing purposes. You’ll need to enable TestFlight on your device if you haven’t already.
Step 2: Enable TestFlight on Your Device
To install apps using TestFlight, you need to have the TestFlight app from Apple. Here’s how to get TestFlight set up:
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Search for TestFlight.
- Download and install the TestFlight app.
- Open TestFlight and log in using your Apple ID. This must be the same Apple ID used to join the Pixelborn beta in Step 1.
Once you have TestFlight installed and set up, you’ll be ready to install the Pixelborn beta.
Step 3: Install Pixelborn from TestFlight
Now that you have access to the Pixelborn beta and TestFlight configured, you can install Pixelborn with the following steps:
- Open the TestFlight app on your iPhone or iPad.
- You should see Pixelborn listed among your available app betas. Tap on it.
- Tap Accept to accept the Pixelborn beta agreement.
- Tap Install to download and install Pixelborn to your device.
- Once installed, tap Open to launch Pixelborn.
The Pixelborn download is around 600 MB. Make sure you have enough free storage space on your device before installing.
The first launch may take a bit longer as Pixelborn downloads additional assets and data. After the initial launch, opening should be much quicker.
Step 4: Create an Account
Once you have Pixelborn installed, you’ll be prompted to create an account on launch:
- Enter your email address and choose a username and password.
- Tap Create Account.
- Check your email for a verification link and click it to verify your Pixelborn account.
- Log into Pixelborn with your new username and password.
Creating an account allows your progress to be saved across multiple iOS devices. Your collection, decks, and account progress will persist as you play Pixelborn.
Step 5: Complete the Tutorial
Pixelborn starts with a tutorial to teach you the basics of playing. Make sure to complete the full tutorial, which covers:
- Moving your hero
- Attacking enemies
- Using spells and abilities
- Turn structure
- Managing mana
- Checking card details
- Viewing the action log
The tutorial takes about 5-10 minutes to complete. Pay close attention to the instructions so you understand Pixelborn’s core mechanics.
Step 6: Open Card Packs
Once in the main menu after the tutorial, tap My Collection in the bottom toolbar.
Here you can open card packs to build your collection. As a new player, you’ll have 10 packs available to open for free.
- Tap the Open Packs button to open your packs.
- View the cards you unlocked and add them to your collection.
- You can tap and hold a card for more details about its abilities.
Opening card packs will give you an initial pool of cards to build your first decks with.
Step 7: Build Your First Deck
Now it’s time to construct your first deck and try a real match!
Tap Decks in the bottom toolbar to go to your deck manager. Here you can browse starter decks and build custom decks.
We recommend starting with a pre-built Starter deck to learn. Tap on a Starter deck then Select Deck to choose it.
When you’re ready, tap Battle in the bottom toolbar to queue up for a match using the deck you selected. This will put you up against an AI opponent.
Use what you learned in the tutorial to play your deck and try to defeat the opponent hero!
Summary of Gameplay Basics
Here are some key points to keep in mind as you play your first matches in Pixelborn:
- Take turns playing cards and attacking with your hero.
- Use mana to play cards and mana regenerates each turn.
- Reduce the opponent hero’s life to 0 to win.
- Play cards that synergize with your hero and strategy.
- Utilize card abilities at the right time for maximum value.
- Adapt your strategy based on the opponent’s cards and deck.
Following the gameplay tutorial closely will teach you all the basics. With some practice, you’ll be winning matches and leveling up your collection mastery in no time!
Tips for Getting Started
Here are some helpful tips as you begin exploring Pixelborn on iOS:
Complete daily quests – Daily quests provide free rewards that will help expand your card collection. Reroll 500 gold quests to try and get 750 gold quests.
Level up each hero – Leveling up heroes raises your overall account level and gives you more cards. Make sure to win matches with every starter hero.
Find a playstyle you like – Try different hero and deck strategies to see what playstyle fits you best. Read cards carefully to understand synergies.
Analyze opponents – Pay attention to what cards your opponents use and how they play. This will help you counter their strategies.
Learn keywords – Many cards have keywords like Rush, Warded, and more. Read up on what these mean in the glossary.
Have fun! – Pixelborn is free and doesn’t require spending money to have fun and compete. Enjoy exploring the game’s universe and testing your skills.
Stick with it through early losses, learn from your mistakes, and you’ll be vanquishing foes in no time. That covers the basics of how to get started with the Pixelborn beta on your iPhone or iPad. Now grab your best Disney hero deck and get battling!
Pixelborn provides an easy way for Disney Lorcana fans to start learning the new card game and get a feel for the mechanics and strategy involved. With its simple installation via TestFlight and clean tutorial, new players can dive right in to constructing decks and matching wits against AI opponents.
The game is very promising and will only improve over time with additional development. We recommend giving the free beta a try if you are interested in Lorcana at all. Just keep in mind that it is unfinished and may have bugs.
By following this guide, you can quickly get Pixelborn downloaded and start building your card collection and knowledge of Lorcana gameplay on iOS. Thanks to the dedicated fans developing this unofficial version, Disney fans everywhere can try Lorcana much earlier than the official release.
So install Pixelborn, craft cunning decks with your favorite Disney characters, and prove your tactical skills in epic miniature battles today!