The GameBoy was one of the most iconic and influential handheld gaming systems of all time. Even though the GameBoy was discontinued long ago, the legacy of classic games like Tetris, Pokemon, and Super Mario Land live on. Thankfully, with the help of emulators, you can play your favorite retro GameBoy titles right on your iPhone or iPad. In this guide, I’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of getting a GameBoy emulator installed on your iOS device.
Recent Released:Why is Apple Asking Me To Confirm My iPhone Passcode for Tiktok?
Steps to Install a GameBoy Emulator on iOS
1. Download and Install Emu4iOS
The first step is to download and install an app called Emu4iOS, which provides access to a variety of emulators through a download manager.
To get Emu4iOS:
- Go to on your iOS device and tap on the Install button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Emu4iOS app from the site.
2. Launch Emu4iOS and Search for GBA4iOS
Once you have Emu4iOS installed, open it up and search for “GBA4iOS” using the search bar. This is the most popular and full-featured GameBoy Advance emulator for iOS.
Tap on the GBA4iOS search result to bring up the installation page.
3. Install GBA4iOS
On the GBA4iOS installation page in Emu4iOS, tap on the Install button to begin downloading and installing the emulator.
The app will begin downloading. Once finished, you can access GBA4iOS like any other app on your iOS device.
4. Download GameBoy ROMs
Now that you have GBA4iOS installed, you need to provide game ROM files to play on the emulator.
There are a couple ways to get GameBoy ROMs:
- Use the built-in browser in GBA4iOS to find and download ROMs directly.
- Transfer ROM files you already have via a cloud storage service like Dropbox.
- Search trusted ROM sites online from your computer and transfer files to your iOS device.
Make sure to only download ROMs of games you own physical copies of.
5. Load ROMs into GBA4iOS
To load your downloaded GameBoy ROMs into GBA4iOS:
- Open the GBA4iOS app and tap on the middle icon in the bottom toolbar.
- This will open the ROM library. Tap on “Add” in the top right corner.
- Select the option to import ROM files from your cloud service or device storage.
- Find and select the ROM files you want to add.
The ROMs will be imported into your library. You can then tap on any to start playing!
Installing a GameBoy emulator like GBA4iOS lets you replay classic portable games from over 20 years ago right on your modern iOS device. However, emulators exist in a legal gray area, so ensure you own physical copies of any ROMs you download. Follow this guide, and you’ll be catching Pokemon and laying bricks in Tetris on your iPhone or iPad in no time!
- Use Emu4iOS to download and install GBA4iOS, a GameBoy Advance emulator.
- Search for and download GameBoy ROM files from trusted sources.
- Transfer ROM files to your iOS device and load them into GBA4iOS.
- Start playing your favorite retro portable classics using virtual on-screen controls.
|1. Install Emu4iOS
|Download manager for emulators like GBA4iOS
|2. Get GBA4iOS
|Most popular GameBoy Advance emulator
|3. Download ROMs
|Get game files from trusted sources
|4. Load ROMs into GBA4iOS
|Import ROMs into emulator’s library
|Enjoy your favorite retro portable games