The iPhone 15, released in late 2023, offers several new and improved features over previous iPhone models. One feature that remains consistent is the ability to forward calls to another number. Call forwarding can be incredibly useful when you are unable to answer your phone but still need to receive your calls.
In this guide, we will walk through the steps to forward calls on an iPhone 15. We will cover how to set up call forwarding for all calls or only certain calls, check the status of call forwarding, turn it off, and troubleshoot any issues that arise. With a few taps, you can effortlessly set up call forwarding and ensure you never miss an important call again.
Recent Released:How to Download TutuApp For iOS 17
Prerequisites for Forwarding Calls
Before starting the call forwarding process, it is important to gather some key information:
- The phone number you want calls forwarded to. This may be a home number, office number, or cell phone number other than your iPhone. Have this number on hand.
- Cellular service. Your iPhone needs to have cellular connectivity in order to forward calls. If you have an iPhone with only Wi-Fi connectivity, call forwarding will not work.
- Account permissions. Double check with your carrier that call forwarding is enabled on your cellular account. Most major carriers support this feature, but smaller or budget carriers may not.
Once you have confirmed cellular service and call forwarding eligibility with your carrier, you can move on to the call forwarding setup.
Accessing Call Forwarding Settings
The call forwarding settings on the iPhone 15 are accessed through the Settings app. Here are the steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone 15.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Phone’.
- Tap on ‘Call Forwarding’. This will open the call forwarding menu.
If you don’t see the ‘Call Forwarding’ option, your carrier may not support that feature or need to add it to your account. Contact them before continuing.
Enabling Call Forwarding
Once you have accessed the call forwarding menu, you can choose to forward all calls or only certain calls based on the situation.
Forward All Calls
To forward all incoming calls to your iPhone:
- In the call forwarding menu, tap on ‘Forward All Calls’.
- Enter the phone number you want all calls forwarded to.
- Tap ‘Forward’ to enable it.
A notification will appear confirming call forwarding is now on. A small arrow icon will also appear in your iPhone status bar indicating call forwarding is active.
Forward Only Certain Calls
If you only need to forward calls in certain situations, like when you are in a meeting or your phone is off, you can set conditional call forwarding:
- In the call forwarding menu, tap on the option for when call forwarding should be active (such as when your phone is unreachable).
- Enter the phone number to forward calls to.
- Toggle the status to ‘On’.
- Repeat for any other conditional forwarding you want to set up.
The call forwarding icon will only appear when the specified conditions are met and forwarding is active.
Checking Your Call Forwarding Status
To verify your call forwarding setup and check the status at any time:
- Open the Settings app and tap on ‘Phone’.
- Tap on ‘Call Forwarding’.
- Review the list of forwarding numbers and which scenarios they are enabled for.
Tap into any of them to see more details or edit the number.
This allows you to confirm your call forwarding setup and ensure it is working as expected.
Turning Off Call Forwarding
When you no longer want calls forwarded:
- Go back into the Call Forwarding menu in Settings.
- Tap into the specific forwarding option you want to disable.
- Toggle the status to ‘Off’.
- Repeat for each active call forwarding line you have enabled.
This will turn off call forwarding and have calls ring your iPhone again normally. The call forwarding status icon will disappear once disabled.
Troubleshooting Call Forwarding
If call forwarding is not working as expected on your iPhone 15, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure cellular connectivity is enabled if forwarding calls to another cell number.
- Try resetting the network settings on your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset any issues with your connection.
- Verify the number you are forwarding calls to is entered correctly and active.
- Contact your carrier to confirm call forwarding is supported on your account and properly provisioned.
- Check for any software updates to your iPhone, as a bug could be affecting call forwarding.
- As a last resort, perform a factory reset on your device to eliminate any software bugs disrupting call forwarding.
Following this guide, you can successfully set up call forwarding on your iPhone 15 for any situation where you need calls to ring on another number. Call forwarding is a useful feature that helps you stay connected even when you are unavailable on your main iPhone number. With the proper troubleshooting, you can resolve any issues that arise and have call forwarding working smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions About Call Forwarding on iPhone
Call forwarding on the iPhone allows for flexibility in how you handle incoming calls. But you may still have some questions about how it works and when to use it. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions.
Does call forwarding use my iPhone minutes?
No, forwarded calls will use the minutes allotted to the number you forwarded calls to. So forwarding to your home or office number will dip into those minutes instead.
Do forwarded calls still show up in my call history?
No, any forwarded calls will not appear in your iPhone call history. The call history will stay with the line that ultimately received the call.
Can I set call forwarding when my iPhone is turned off?
Yes, one of the call forwarding options on the iPhone is to forward calls when your phone is unreachable. So you can set call forwarding even if your device is powered off.
Will I still get text messages to my iPhone number?
Yes. Call forwarding only affects incoming phone calls. Text messages will continue to be delivered to your iPhone normally.
Do forwarded calls ring on my iPhone too?
That depends on your carrier and settings. Some will have forwarded calls ring both phones simultaneously. Others will only ring the forwarded number. Check with your carrier to see how they handle it.
How do I know if call forwarding worked?
Check for the arrow icon in your status bar, which indicates call forwarding is active. Or go into Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding to verify the number and status.
Can I forward calls to an international number?
That depends on both your carrier’s policies and the carrier for the international number you want to forward to. Some may limit or prevent international call forwarding.
What happens to voicemail with call forwarding on?
Any unanswered forwarded calls will go to the voicemail box associated with the number you forwarded calls to.
We hope these frequently asked questions help you better understand how to use call forwarding on your iPhone. It’s a tool that provides flexibility in managing your incoming calls.
Call forwarding on the iPhone 15 provides a seamless way to stay connected when you are unavailable to answer your phone. Whether you need to forward calls in certain situations or at all times, it only takes a few taps in your Settings. Verify that call forwarding is active by checking for the status icon and call forwarding details. Turn it off just as easily when ready to receive calls on your iPhone again. With the troubleshooting tips provided, you can tackle any issues that arise with your call forwarding setup. Use this guide to start forwarding calls on your iPhone 15 and never miss an important call again, wherever you are.