Download and use galaxy wearable app on ios allows you to connect your Samsung Galaxy smartwatch or fitness tracker to your iPhone or iPad. With the app, you can manage notifications, download apps, track fitness data, and customize settings for your Samsung wearable device.
Recent Released: iOS 17.0.2 Issue – A Guide to Fixing Common Problems
In this guide, we’ll walk through everything you need to know to get started download and use galaxy wearable app on ios device.
Downloading the Galaxy Wearable App
Downloading the Galaxy Wearable app from the App Store is simple:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Search for “Galaxy Wearable”. The app you want is published by Samsung Electronics.
- Tap “Get” to download the Galaxy Wearable app for free.
- Once downloaded, open the Galaxy Wearable app.
- If prompted, tap “Allow” to permit the Galaxy Wearable app to send notifications and access Bluetooth. Both permissions are required for full functionality.
The Galaxy Wearable app only takes up a small amount of space, usually less than 100 MB. Installation is quick and easy.
Connecting Your Samsung Smartwatch or Fitness Tracker
Once you’ve downloaded the Galaxy Wearable app, you can connect your Samsung wearable device:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad if it’s not on already.
- On your Samsung device, navigate to the Bluetooth settings to put it in pairing mode. Refer to the specific instructions for your device model if unsure how to do this.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app. It will automatically detect and show your wearable device name once it’s nearby and in pairing mode.
- Tap “Connect” next to your device name to pair it.
- You may have to tap “Pair” again on both your iPhone and Samsung wearable to complete the connection.
- Follow any on-screen setup instructions in the Galaxy Wearable app to complete pairing your device and customizing initial settings.
Once connected, your devices will automatically connect whenever Bluetooth is on and in range. The Galaxy Wearable app only needs to pair once.
One of the key features of the Galaxy Wearable app is managing notifications from your iPhone apps that display on your Samsung wearable. You can customize which app notifications appear on your smartwatch or fitness tracker.
To adjust notifications settings:
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app and select your device.
- Tap “Notifications” to see a list of installed apps on your iPhone.
- Turn notifications on or off for each app as desired. You can also tap an app for additional notification options.
- Return to the main app screen. Your notification changes will sync to your Samsung wearable.
By default, most apps have notifications enabled. Take some time to disable any distracting or unnecessary notifications for a more streamlined experience.
Downloading Apps and Watch Faces
Another useful feature of the Galaxy Wearable app is the ability to download apps and watch faces optimized for your Samsung device’s smaller display:
- Open the app and select your connected wearable device.
- Tap “Galaxy Store”. This is where you can browse and download apps and watch faces.
- To install an app or watch face, tap on it and then tap “Download” or “Free” next to the item.
- Downloads and updates progress in real-time. Tap “Open” once complete to start using a downloaded app.
Browse popular apps like Spotify, Strava, and MyFitnessPal. Explore watch faces to fully customize the look of your Samsung wearable. The Galaxy Store offers a wide selection of apps and faces to enhance your device.
Tracking Fitness and Health Data
If you have a Samsung fitness tracker or smartwatch with health sensors, the Galaxy Wearable app syncs data like steps, heart rate, and sleep tracking:
- On the Galaxy Wearable home screen, scroll down and select “Samsung Health”.
- You’ll see summary cards showing your activity, sleep, heart rate, and other tracked metrics.
- Tap into each card to view detailed historical data and trends.
- Adjust settings like step count and sleep goals under “Manage goals” in Samsung Health.
Review your health and fitness data daily in the Samsung Health section. Integrate with apps like Apple Health or MyFitnessPal to further analyze your stats.
Customizing Device Settings
To customize settings for notifications, display, apps, and more on your Samsung wearable:
- Open Galaxy Wearable and select your device.
- Tap “Watch settings” to customize vibration, screen brightness, display timeout, and other options.
- You can also tap “About watch” to view model info, battery level, storage, and more.
- Return to the main screen and tap “General settings” to configure Galaxy Labs and check for app updates.
Dive into the various Watch settings and General settings menus to fine-tune your device’s connectivity, apps, display, and notifications. Optimize these settings for your usage patterns and preferences.
Troubleshooting Galaxy Wearable App Issues
If you encounter issues connecting or using the Galaxy Wearable app, first make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices and they’re within range. Try rebooting both your iPhone and Samsung wearable as well if still struggling with a solid connection.
Check Galaxy Labs under General Settings for a “Watch connection” option that can run diagnostics on the Bluetooth pairing and provide tips to resolve connectivity issues.
Finally, confirm both devices are updated to the latest software versions available. Bug fixes and performance improvements in app and firmware updates may resolve glitchy behavior.
For additional troubleshooting tips, consult Samsung’s Galaxy Wearable app support page which lists common issues and solutions. Reach out to Samsung customer support if problems persist.
- Download the Galaxy Wearable app from the iOS App Store to connect your Samsung smartwatch or fitness tracker.
- Manage notifications from iPhone apps to control what displays on your wearable.
- Download apps, watch faces, and more from the Galaxy Store in the app.
- View tracked fitness and health data like steps and heart rate in Samsung Health.
- Customize a wide range of settings directly from the app on your iOS device.
- Ensure software is up to date and Bluetooth connectivity is strong to prevent issues.
The Galaxy Wearable app provides an essential companion experience to your Samsung wearable with iPhone, unlocking the full potential of the device. Follow this guide to get started managing your smartwatch or fitness tracker.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Galaxy Wearable if I don’t have a Samsung smartphone?
Yes, Galaxy Wearable works completely fine with any iPhone model. You don’t need a Samsung smartphone.
Is Galaxy Wearable free?
Yes, the Galaxy Wearable app is free to download and use on an iPhone or iPad. No subscription is required.
What devices work with Galaxy Wearable on iOS?
Galaxy Wearable is compatible with popular Samsung wearables including the Galaxy Watch lineup, Galaxy Fit models, and Galaxy Buds series. Check Samsung’s website for the full list of supported devices.
Does Galaxy Wearable drain my iPhone’s battery?
The app shouldn’t significantly impact your iPhone’s battery life. The connection between your iOS device and Samsung wearable uses low-energy Bluetooth. Limiting unnecessary notifications can further reduce battery drain.
Can I respond to iMessages on my Samsung watch through Galaxy Wearable?
Unfortunately, Galaxy Wearable does not currently support responding directly to iMessages from your Samsung wearable. You can view notifications but must respond from your iPhone.
The Galaxy Wearable app provides a seamless experience connecting your Samsung wearable with iPhone. After downloading Galaxy Wearable, pairing your smartwatch or fitness tracker is quick and easy. Key features like notifications, apps, health tracking and device settings are easily accessible. Troubleshoot any connection issues and keep software updated for smooth performance. With this guide, you’ll be set up and ready to fully utilize your Samsung wearable with your iPhone or iPad.