Stickers are a fun way to spice up your iMessages on iPhone and iPad. (delete stickers ios 17)The Messages app comes with a default set of stickers, but you can download additional sticker packs from the App Store for more variety.
Over time, you may accumulate a lot of sticker packs that you no longer use. Thankfully, iOS 17 makes it easy to delete stickers ios 17 individual stickers as well as entire sticker packs to declutter your Messages app.
In this guide, I’ll show you multiple ways to delete stickers on iOS 17. I’ll cover:
- Deleting individual stickers from the Messages app
- Removing entire sticker packs
- Managing your sticker library
Recent Released:How to Download and Use the Galaxy Wearable App on iOS
I’ll also provide some tips on avoiding accidental deletions. Let’s get started!
Stickers came to the Messages app way back in 2016 with iOS 10, providing a quick way to react and express emotions. Since then, Apple has expanded the selection of stickers while also allowing third-party sticker packs.
As a result, the Messages sticker drawer can quickly fill up with lots of stickers you no longer use. Large sticker libraries also take up storage space on your device.
So being able to delete stickers you don’t want is important for keeping your Messages app tidy. Plus, deleting stickers helps minimize storage used by Messages.
Fortunately, Apple has made improvements in iOS 17 to the sticker management system. You now have greater control over deleting individual stickers and entire packs.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to:
- Delete a single sticker from an iMessage
- Remove a whole sticker pack from Messages
- Manage your entire Messages sticker collection
Knowing these deletion methods allows you to remove unwanted stickers and free up space on your iPhone or iPad. Let’s get into the specifics!
Deleting Individual Stickers
The easiest way to delete a sticker is directly from an iMessage thread when you’re in the Messages app.
Here are the steps:
- Open the Messages app and tap on a conversation.
- Tap the App bar button (it looks like an arrow emerging from a box) to open the sticker/app drawer.
- Tap and hold on the sticker you want to delete. A menu will pop up.
- Tap Delete in the menu.
- Confirm the deletion by tapping Delete again.
That’s all there is to it! The sticker will be removed from your Messages sticker collection instantly.
This method works great for quickly deleting a single sticker that you know you don’t want. For example, maybe you have a few holiday stickers leftover from last year that you want removed.
Just open any message thread, find the holiday sticker, long press, and delete. Easy!
If you want to delete multiple individual stickers, just repeat the process. The long press on a sticker, tap Delete, confirm deletion process works the same.
Keep in mind that deleting a sticker this way removes it across all your iPhone and iPad devices signed in with the same Apple ID. It’s not just deleted on one device.
Next, let’s look at how to remove entire sticker packs from Messages.
Deleting Entire Sticker Packs
Sometimes you may want to delete a full sticker pack that you know you no longer need.
It could be a pack of memes that you no longer find funny. Or a set of movie stickers from a franchise you’re no longer into.
Rather than tediously delete individual stickers, you can remove the entire sticker pack in just a few taps.
Here’s how to delete full sticker packs on iOS 17:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the pencil icon in the top right corner to start a New Message.
- Tap the App bar icon to bring up your sticker drawer.
- Scroll across the top row of stickers until you reach Edit.
- Tap Edit.
- Find the sticker pack you want to delete.
- Tap the red circle icon beside the pack.
- Tap Delete to confirm removal of the entire pack.
And that’s it – the full sticker pack will be deleted from Messages across all your devices. Much easier than removing stickers one by one!
A nice touch is that iOS will notify you about how much storage space you’re freeing up by deleting the pack. This lets you know the deletion was successful.
If you have lots of extra sticker packs taking up space, you can repeat the steps above to remove them quickly.
The only downside is that you can only delete entire packs – there’s no way to mass delete individual stickers from this view.
But for clearing out old stickers you no longer need, deleting by pack is super convenient.
Next I’ll discuss how you can manage all your iMessage stickers from one central view.
Managing All Your Stickers
The methods above are great for deleting specific stickers and packs as needed. But what if you want an overview of your entire Messages sticker collection?
Fortunately, iOS 17 provides a centralized Stickers Manager so you can see and manage all your stickers in one place.
Here’s how to access it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on Messages.
- Tap on Stickers.
You’ll now see the Stickers Manager, listing all your sticker packs.
From here, you can:
- See how many stickers are in each pack
- Note which packs came pre-installed vs. downloaded
- Tap into a pack to preview the stickers
- Delete individual stickers or whole packs
It provides a great overview of your collection so you know exactly which stickers you have.
I recommend using the Stickers Manager to delete multiple packs at once. Just tap into each pack, select the delete option, and confirm removal.
Cleaning up your unused stickers this way helps minimize the storage space Messages takes up.
Bonus Tip: If you have iCloud sync enabled for Messages, deleting stickers in the Stickers Manager will remove them from all synced devices!
While the Stickers Manager doesn’t allow mass selecting individual stickers to remove, it’s still an invaluable central hub for managing your collection.
Avoiding Accidental Deletions
Now that you know how to delete stickers in iOS 17, I want to provide some quick tips on avoiding accidental removals:
- Use the Stickers Manager to view your collection and stick to deleting from there when possible. Less risk than tapping hastily in Messages!
- Confirm each sticker deletion. Don’t just tap blindly so you don’t delete the wrong one.
- Disable Messages in iCloud if you only want deletions to apply to the current device and not sync across.
- Remember you can re-download sticker packs from the App Store purchase history if you do accidentally delete one.
- Back up your data before doing mass sticker deletions just in case!
Following these suggestions will help ensure you only remove the stickers you really want to get rid of.
That wraps up this guide on deleting stickers in iOS 17! To quickly recap:
- You can delete individual iMessage stickers by long pressing and tapping Delete.
- Entire sticker packs can be removed from the Messages app by tapping Edit and the deletion icon.
- For a complete overview, use the Stickers Manager in Settings.
- Take care to avoid accidental deletions.
Deleting unwanted stickers helps reduce clutter and conserves storage space on your iPhone or iPad.
I hope this guide gives you the sticker management skills needed to keep just the packs you actually want in your Messages app. Enjoy chatting with a curated collection of fun stickers!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about deleting stickers on iOS:
How do I get deleted stickers back?
If you accidentally delete a sticker pack that you want back, you can re-download it from the App Store purchases page. Just tap your profile icon, select Purchases > My Purchases, find the sticker pack and tap Download.
Can I delete stickers from the Apple default stickers?
No, you cannot delete stickers from the default pack that comes pre-installed with iOS. You can only delete stickers that you have downloaded separately.
What happens when I delete stickers from Messages in iCloud?
Deleting a sticker from Messages in iCloud will remove it across all your synced devices. Only delete stickers this way if you want them gone from your fullsticker collection.
Can I delete stickers without also removing them from my Mac?
If you don’t want removed stickers to also delete from your Mac, turn off Messages in iCloud syncing before deleting. That will keep the changes limited to just your iPhone/iPad.
Is there a limit on how many stickers I can have?
There is no official limit on the number of stickers you can have. However, having a massive collection will take up more storage space. It’s best to regularly delete unused stickers when you can.
What’s the best way to manage my sticker collection?
Use the Stickers Manager in Settings to view and organize your full collection. From here you can easily see which stickers packs you have and delete the ones you no longer want.