The call screen on iOS 17 allows you to customize call screen on ios 17 how incoming calls are displayed with a new feature called Contact Posters. With Contact Posters, you can create unique call screens for your different contacts to make it easier to identify callers before you answer. In this article, we’ll walk through everything you need to know to customize the call screen using Contact Posters on iOS 17.
Recent Released:What Is New In iOS 17.1 Beta 2?
What are Contact Posters?
Contact Posters are customize call screen on ios 17 that are displayed when someone calls you on iOS 17. Instead of just showing the caller ID, Contact Posters let you set a background image, Memoji, monogram, or photos along with large text that identifies the caller.
With Contact Posters, you can create distinct call screens for your different contacts. For example, you may want to assign your spouse a call screen with “My Love” in large text over a heart background. Or you could set a Memoji call screen for your best friend. The posters make it easy to identify callers at a glance before you even answer.
How to Create a Contact Poster
Creating a custom Contact Poster for someone is simple and fast on iOS 17. Here are the steps:
- Open the Contacts app and select the contact you want to create a poster for.
- Tap “Edit” in the upper right corner.
- Under the contact’s name, tap “Edit” again.
- Tap the existing call screen to edit it. This will open the Contact Poster editor.
- Select a poster type: Camera, Photos, Memoji, or Monogram. Each has various background options to choose from.
- Customize the text at the bottom with the contact’s name or a fun label like “Bestie.”
- Tap “Done” to save the Contact Poster.
That’s all there is to it! The new call screen will now be used for that contact when they phone you. You can create unique Contact Posters for as many friends, family, or contacts as you’d like.
Poster Type Options
There are four poster types you can choose from when customizing call screens in iOS 17:
The Camera poster lets you set a background photo taken with the iPhone’s camera. You can choose any image from your camera roll. It will appear behind the large text that identifies the caller.
This option pulls in backgrounds from your Photos library. You’ll have tons of options like landscapes, patterns, objects, and more.
Memoji posters place one of your customized Memoji characters on the call screen. The Memoji will be sized large and appear at the top.
As the name suggests, this poster features a large monogram or initial(s) in the middle. The initials represent the contact. You can pick the monogram style and color.
Once you select the poster type, you can further customize the design to your liking. Let’s look at what editing tools are available.
All of the Contact Poster types provide personalization options to tailor the look and feel:
- Text: The large text at the bottom can be changed to a name, nickname, or any label you want. Get creative!
- Colors: Pick colors that suit the contact, like their favorite hue. The text and some background options can be colored.
- Images: Choose your own photos for Camera and Photos posters. For Memoji, customize the outfit and face.
- Backgrounds: Change up the background pattern, texture, or style. Each poster has unique backgrounds to scroll through.
- Placement: Decide where you want elements like the Memoji or monogram positioned.
Take some time to play around with the editor when making a new poster. Mix and match backgrounds, text, colors, and other pieces to land on a design that fits the contact perfectly. They’ll love seeing it when they call you!
Creating Multiple Posters
Luckily, you can make as many customized Contact Posters as you want for all the important people in your life.
When creating multiples, follow these tips:
- Set a default poster: Pick one minimal design to use as the default for contacts without a custom poster.
- Reuse designs: Don’t feel like you have to craft a new poster for everyone. Reuse designs you love for different contacts.
- Assign favorites: Give your favorites like family their own distinct poster so you can easily spot their calls.
- Try out posters: Swap and change posters if you get bored of one design. You can always create something new.
- Have fun! Getting creative and making personalized call screens is one of the most fun new features in iOS 17. Enjoy it!
Editing or Deleting Posters
Over time, you may want to edit an existing Contact Poster or delete ones you don’t need anymore. Here’s how:
To edit a poster:
- Open the contact and tap “Edit.”
- Tap “Edit” below the name again.
- Select the call screen and make desired changes.
- Hit “Done” to save edits.
To delete a poster:
- Open the contact and tap “Edit.”
- Tap the “X” icon next to the Contact Poster.
- Confirm deletion in the pop-up.
- Contact will revert to the default call screen.
And that’s all it takes to manage your Contact Posters in iOS 17!
Tips for Customizing Contact Posters
Take your Contact Posters to the next level with these handy tips:
- Make posters for your most frequent callers like close friends or delivery companies to avoid answering spam.
- Add emojis and fun text like “☎️ Call me!” to create an upbeat vibe.
- Use decluttered backgrounds with lots of negative space for an elegant look.
- Show off your latest photos in the Camera and Photos posters.
- Display inside jokes or nicknames that only you and the caller will understand.
- Match the color scheme to the contact’s preferences or things they own.
- Rotate between a few posters to keep things fresh as the seasons change.
With a little creativity, you can design Contact Posters that are helpful and makes you smile each time your phone rings. Let the customization begin!
FAQ About Customizing Contact Posters
How many Contact Posters can I create?
You can create unlimited Contact Posters on iOS 17. Make one for every contact in your phone if you’d like!
Can I set Contact Posters for unknown callers?
Unfortunately, Contact Posters only work for calls from contacts saved in your phone. Calls from unknown or private numbers will use the default call screen.
What if I haven’t made Memoji?
No problem! When you select the Memoji poster, iOS will let you create your personalized Memoji before customizing your call screen.
Do Contact Posters take up storage space?
Nope, the personalized call screens won’t take up any storage space on your iPhone. Feel free to go wild with posters!
Can I stop a poster from being full screen?
All Contact Posters automatically display in a full screen view to maximize visibility. There’s no way to minimize them, but they only appear briefly as your phone rings.
What happens if I delete a contact with a poster?
When you delete a contact, their associated Contact Poster will be removed as well. It will not be saved to use with other contacts.
And that covers the key questions around customizing contact posters on iOS 17!
Contact Posters introduce incredible personalization options for the incoming call screen on iPhone. With just a few taps in iOS 17, you can design unique, identifiable call screens for all of your frequent contacts.
To recap, you can create posters using your own photos, Memoji, monograms, and more. Edit the text, colors, and placement to your liking. Set distinct call screens for family, friends, or delivery services so you can ID callers instantly. Change up or delete posters at any time as needed.
Taking a couple minutes to customize posters for key contacts is worth it. You’ll smile every time their clever or cute call screen pops up. So explore all the possibilities, get creative, and have fun making iOS 17 calls more personal with Contact Posters!
- Contact Posters allow customizable call screens for contacts on iOS 17.
- Make posters with photos, Memoji, monograms, text, and backgrounds.
- Edit and delete posters from a contact’s edit screen.
- Set distinct posters for family, friends, and frequent callers.
- Get creative and have fun making every call screen unique!