Apple’s iOS 17 is creating a buzz with new details and leaks emerging almost every day. iOS Recently iOS 16.4.1 was released, but most iOS users have been talking about the upcoming major software update iOS 17.
Now there is one more piece of leaked information about iOS 17 that you must know, including iOS 17 device support and the significant transformation of the Control Center.
Device Support for iOS 17
One of the most common questions surrounding iOS 17 is whether specific iPhone models will support it. Recent rumors suggest that Apple may drop support for the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus with the new update. However, there is still a 50/50 chance that Apple will add support for these devices.
Control Center Overhaul
Since the iPhone X, the Control Center has remained in the top-right corner of the screen. With iOS 17, Apple could be making the most significant change to the Control Center in six years. Two potential options have emerged from various concepts and jailbreak tweaks:
Option 1: Control Center from the Bottom
- Bringing back the Control Center to the bottom of the screen.
- Easier access for users, especially when using only one hand.
- A streamlined and more modern interface.
Option 2: macOS Style Control Center
- Control Center resembling macOS, maintaining the top-right corner access.
- A cleaner user interface, with familiar toggles and features.
- Better integration with Apple’s ecosystem by making iOS and macOS look more alike.
The changes to the Control Center in iOS 17 are exciting, as it has remained the same for over six years. Whether Apple opts for a more modern bottom-swipe option or a macOS-style update, users can expect an enhanced experience. As always, stay tuned for more updates and leaks on iOS 17 as we approach the official release of the developer beta.