Apple’s Worldwide Developer’s Conference (WWDC) 2023 is just around the corner, scheduled for June 5th through the 9th.
The event sets the stage for the upcoming year, showcasing new software and occasionally hardware announcements.
WWDC 2023 is expected to be a significant event, with rumors about various software updates, hardware releases, and the long-awaited AR/VR headset.
Here’s a roundup of what you can anticipate from this year’s conference.
Also Read: iOS 17 Beta Release Date
Apple’s AR/VR Headset
At WWDC 2023, Apple is likely to unveil its long-rumored AR/VR headset, which is said to feature both augmented and virtual reality capabilities. The device is expected to include:
- An option to switch modes using a digital crown-like control knob
- An external battery pack worn at the waist
- Lightweight, comfortable design with Apple Watch-like bands and mesh against the face
- Option for prescription lenses
- 4K micro OLED displays
- Powerful Apple silicon chips, potentially a unique M chip
- New operating system, xrOS, with a dedicated App Store and unique FaceTime experiences
- Gesture-based control method without a physical controller
- A dozen or more cameras for facial expression reading, body movement detection, and area mapping
- Iris scanning for authentication
Mac Pro Update
Apple is rumored to introduce an updated version of the Mac Pro during WWDC 2023. The new Mac Pro is expected to feature updated M chips and may be available in a smaller form factor than the current model.
15-inch MacBook Air
Although WWDC is primarily a software-focused event, rumors about a 15-inch MacBook Air have been circulating, indicating that it may be announced during the conference.
iOS 17, iPadOS 17, macOS 14, tvOS 17, and watchOS 10
WWDC 2023 will likely bring updates to Apple’s operating systems, including iOS 17, iPadOS 17, macOS 14, tvOS 17, and watchOS 10. iOS 17 is expected to focus on quality-of-life improvements rather than a single major feature.
Potential App Store Changes
iOS 17 may introduce changes to the App Store, possibly including side-loading apps. This change may be influenced by regulatory changes in the UK, but it remains to be seen if it will also apply to the US market.
AR/VR Headset Integration and Upgraded CarPlay
Other iOS 17 additions may include integration with the rumored AR/VR headset and improvements to CarPlay, an automotive infotainment feature.
With exciting announcements anticipated in both hardware and software, WWDC 2023 is set to be a memorable event for Apple enthusiasts.
From the long-awaited AR/VR headset to updated operating systems, Apple is gearing up to make a significant impact on the tech landscape in the coming year.
Stay tuned for more information as the conference unfolds.