Trollstore iOS 17 is the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, bringing exciting new features like customizable lock screens, battery percentage in the status bar, and improvements to notifications, among many other enhancements. If you have an older iPhone or iPad still running iOS 15.6.1, you may be wondering how you can upgrade to iOS 17.
Fortunately, there is a way to install iOS 17 on older devices using an app called TrollStore. TrollStore allows you to sideload IPA files and install apps and system updates not officially supported by Apple. In this guide, I’ll walk you through the entire process of upgrading from iOS 15.6.1 to iOS 17 using TrollStore.
Recent Released:How to Fix “iPhone Unavailable, No Erase Option?
Before we get started, there are a few things you’ll need:
- An iPhone or iPad running iOS 15.6.1
- A Windows or Mac computer
- An Apple ID
- Patience! This process can take some time.
I’ll be demonstrating the steps using an iPhone, but they also apply to iPads. Let’s go ahead and get started!
Step 1: Install TrollStore
The first step is to install TrollStore on your device. The installation method differs depending on your iOS version:
For iOS 15.0-15.1.1
If your device is running iOS 15.0 to 15.1.1, you can install TrollStore using Misaka. Here are the steps:
- Download the Misaka IPA file to your computer
- Connect your iPhone and open Finder/iTunes
- Drag and drop the Misaka IPA file onto your device
- Open the Misaka app and tap on TrollStore to install it
For iOS 14.0-15.4.1
For devices on iOS 14.0 to 15.4.1, you can use TrollHelperOTA to install TrollStore:
- Navigate to trollhelper.com on your device’s web browser
- Tap “Start” to begin the installation
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install TrollStore
Once TrollStore finishes installing, it will appear on your home screen.
Step 2: Register Persistence
In order for TrollStore apps to persist after a reboot, you need to register persistence. Here’s how:
- Open TrollStore
- Tap on the “hamburger” menu in the top left
- Select “Register Persistence Helper”
- Follow the on-screen prompts and tap “Register”
After registering persistence, you’ll need to reboot your device. Once your device comes back on, verify that TrollStore is still installed.
Step 3: Supervise Device Using TrollBox
The next step is supervision. This allows TrollStore to mimic official App Store updates.
To supervise your device:
- Connect your device to your computer and open TrollBox
- Click on “Supervise Device” in TrollBox
- Enter your Apple ID credentials when prompted
- TrollBox will then supervise your device
Supervision ties your device to your Apple ID until you factory reset it. Once supervision is done, you can disconnect from TrollBox.
Step 4: Install Delayed OTA Profile
Now we can finally install iOS 17! But first we’ll need to install a Delayed OTA profile for iOS 17.
Here are the steps:
- Download the iOS 17 Delayed OTA profile for your device
- Open the file on your device
- Tap “Allow” to install the profile
- Restart your device
The profile will make iOS 17 available as an over-the-air software update.
Step 5: Install iOS 17
Time for the big upgrade! Follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your device
- Navigate to General > Software Update
- You should now see iOS 17 available
- Tap “Download and Install”
- Agree to the Terms of Service
- Let your device reboot and install iOS 17!
The installation process can take a while, so be patient. Once done, you should see iOS 17 boot up on your older device!
And there you have it! By using TrollStore and the right profiles, you can install iOS 17 on older devices still running iOS 15.6.1. Keep in mind that this process does involve some technical steps, so exercise caution.
The key things to remember are:
- Use Misaka or TrollHelperOTA to install TrollStore
- Register persistence so TrollStore persists after reboots
- Supervise your device using TrollBox
- Install Delayed OTA profile for iOS 17
- Upgrade to iOS 17 via Software Update
While Apple doesn’t make upgrading easy on older devices, tools like TrollStore make it possible. Let me know in the comments if you run into any issues while upgrading to iOS 17!