With the introduction of iOS 17, Apple has brought a new feature called StandBy mode to iPhones. When your iPhone is placed horizontally on a charger, StandBy mode automatically activates and presents a range of full-screen widgets. These widgets include the time, weather, calendar, music controls, and photos. StandBy mode is designed to offer glanceable information that can be viewed from a distance, making it convenient to keep track of essential details without needing to unlock your device.
In this article, we will explore how to customize the widgets displayed in StandBy mode on iOS 17. Whether you want to add or remove widgets or personalize the information shown, we have you covered. Let’s dive in and make the most of this innovative feature.
How to Customize Widgets in StandBy Mode
Customizing the widgets displayed in StandBy mode on iOS 17 is a straightforward process. You have the flexibility to choose what you want to see on your iPhone while it’s in StandBy mode. Alongside the essential information like the date, time, and calendar view, you can also incorporate photo displays and various other options. Here’s how you can customize the widgets:
1. Adding or Removing Widgets
To add or remove widgets in StandBy mode, follow these steps:
- Press and hold on either the clock face or calendar widget.
- A customization menu will appear, allowing you to add or remove widgets.
- Select the widgets you want to include by tapping on the “+” icon or remove by tapping the “x” icon.
- Once you’ve made your desired changes, exit the customization menu.
2. Customizing Other StandBy Views
Apart from the clock face and calendar views, you can also customize other StandBy views. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press and hold on the other StandBy views you want to customize.
- Similar to the clock face and calendar, a customization menu will appear.
- Add or remove widgets from the specific StandBy view.
- Exit the customization menu when you’re satisfied with the changes.
3. Utilizing Siri in StandBy Mode
StandBy mode on iOS 17 integrates Siri, enabling you to interact with the virtual assistant visually. You can get visual results for any queries you have while in StandBy mode. To use Siri in StandBy mode, follow these steps:
- Activate StandBy mode by placing your iPhone horizontally on a charger.
- Swipe left or right to navigate to the Siri widget.
- Tap on the Siri widget to activate the voice assistant.
- Ask your query, and Siri will provide visual results.
4. Leveraging iOS 16’s Interactive Widgets
StandBy mode on iOS 17 takes advantage of iOS 16’s interactive widgets, which are available across the Home Screen, Lock Screen, and StandBy mode. These widgets allow users to interact directly with them for certain actions. While in StandBy mode, you can tap on interactive widgets to perform actions related to the widget’s functionality.
Available Widgets in StandBy Mode
StandBy mode on iOS 17 offers a range of widgets to enhance your charging iPhone’s display. Let’s take a look at some of the widgets available in StandBy mode:
- Clock Faces: Choose from various clock faces to display the time in your preferred style.
- Calendars: Stay updated with your upcoming events and appointments by adding a calendar widget. It provides a quick glance at your schedule without unlocking your device.
- Weather: Get real-time weather information for your current location or any other location you choose. The weather widget in StandBy mode displays the current temperature, weather conditions, and a short forecast.
- Music Controls: Control your music playback directly from StandBy mode. The music widget allows you to play, pause, skip tracks, and adjust the volume without unlocking your iPhone.
- Photos: Personalize StandBy mode with your favorite memories. Add a photo widget to display a slideshow of selected photos from your gallery. It’s a great way to enjoy your pictures while your device is charging.
- Smart Home Controls: If you have a smart home setup, you can include a widget to control your connected devices. Adjust the lights, temperature, or other smart home features right from StandBy mode.
- Fitness Tracking: Stay motivated and keep an eye on your fitness progress by adding a fitness tracking widget. It can display your step count, distance traveled, calories burned, or other fitness metrics based on your preferences.
- News and Updates: Stay informed with the latest news and updates by adding a news widget to StandBy mode. Get headlines, top stories, or specific topics of interest right at a glance.
These are just a few examples of the widgets available in StandBy mode on iOS 17. Apple continues to expand the widget library, providing users with more options to personalize their charging experience.
Customizing the widgets in StandBy mode on iOS 17 allows you to transform your charging iPhone into a convenient home hub. By adding and removing widgets, you can curate the information that matters most to you, whether it’s the time, weather, calendar, or other personalized widgets. Take advantage of Siri integration and interactive widgets to enhance your StandBy mode experience further.
With iOS 17, Apple continues to innovate and offer more ways for users to interact with their devices. StandBy mode is a prime example of this, providing a practical and visually appealing way to stay informed while your iPhone charges. Give it a try and make the most of this feature on your iOS 17 device.
Note: The availability of certain widgets and features may vary depending on your iPhone model and iOS version.
Remember to keep your iPhone updated with the latest iOS version to access the newest features and enhancements. Enjoy customizing your StandBy mode and discover the convenience it brings to your daily routine.